Saturday, November 10, 2007

My visit to Camp Chemo

Hey again everyone,

Sis has gone to bed, so I figured I'd post about my experience at Camp Chemo. I must say, I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was A LOT more pleasant than I imagined. Everyone was so friendly and they were funny and really great with my sister. We all laughed quite a bit.

I felt a bit awkward at times because my sister and I would be talking and we'd laugh and I felt like I was being too loud. Candace said it was an unusually quiet Friday and sure enough, by the afternoon, it started to fill up.

She did such a great job - so calm about everything and smiling. She did say she felt queasy even before the first drug was given - a Pavlovian response of some sort, I am sure - but she was a trooper! I kept worrying that she was going to get sick or miserable, but she had great energy up until she got half-way through that last bag of drugs. She laughed at me because of all the pictures I took... she got up to go to the bathroom at one point and I asked if I should document her trip. She burst out laughing saying she knew I was going to say that!

Here's a little slide show of my Camp Chemo documentation:

Make a PhotoShow Full Size

1 comment:

--jam said...

Hey Candice! This is "jam" from the hodge forum. You'll be done with all this before you know it! Keep kicking cancer's butt!

Mel, the Camp Chemo slideshow is amazing. Thanks for posting it. It really brought me back to "that chair". Especially seeing the strawberry flavored one. Bleh. I actually remembered the feeling for a second. You're an awesome sister for supporting Candice like this. You have no idea how much.