Thursday, November 8, 2007

Expecting a Visitor

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my sister from NY. She comes in at 10:30pm as long as flights out of JFK are on time (crossing my fingers). I have been informed that I cannot go pick her up and should be snug in bed at that time. I feel fine, slightly tired, but my red blood counts went down at this last count. I'm anemic. Unlike white counts, this one affects how you feel - tired and logy. They can't be too much lower because I don't feel like I have less energy than normal. Still, everyone wants me to rest, and they're right so I will have energy to whoop it up this weekend with my sis! Shopping, dining, spa and theatre! Yeah, right. More like movies, napping, and movies, woo-hoo. I only see my sister a few times a year and she comes when I can barley move off the couch. If she had only come on an "off" weekend... but she wants to share my experience and be there for me in my darkest hour. Very sweet, but it will be boring. Don't say I didn't warn you. At any rate, I'm thrilled to see her and we'll enjoy our time having an animated, lucid conversation for the hour drive into chemo tomorrow morning.

I'm excited about our one major planned activity, besides eating (Mom is cooking again for an army), and that is head shaving! Good-bye hair that IS NOW noticeably thinning on top. My natural part has widened into the Grand Canyon. It's time and I have clippers all ready to go. Pictures and stories forthcoming, but give me until Turn-around Tuesday. - Candace

5 comments:

Sara and Jonn said...

Candace and Melanie-

I hope you have a great time together. I know you will, even if it will consist of nothing more than napping, movies and more napping.

Sara

Duane said...

I'm sure you'll have a fun, memorable time with your sister. Sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Candace-
Enjoy your time with your sibling. It's in time of health stress that you really get to know those folks who shared your beginning days together and reconnect. Laugh, share, love...
Bridget

Anonymous said...

I totally recommend shaving it into a fun craziHawk style before you finish it off. Take lots of pictures and maybe get some good punk rock cred in the process. Take care and have fun.

I'm anemic right now too! Anemia sisterz Unite!

Anonymous said...

Lol, oops, that last post was from me, Morgan. Take care