Sunday, November 18, 2007

Chemoboarding

Well, it is confirmed; You can fight cancer and still get in some early season turns.
Today we headed to Sunday River for a day of fun on the snow. It was my second day out but Candace's first and we didn't know what to expect. Candace is feeling great but this is the most physically challenging thing she has done since she started chemo in October. Well, I can say without a doubt that she is in full form on snow. It looked like she had just stepped out of a snowboard mag as she headed into her first run and she kept kicking butt on snow all day. We kept riding until we both could barely walk and decided to call it a day around noon. All in all a great day on the hill. It made us both feel like life was back to normal. We hope to get out as much as we can on the "good" weeks all winter long.
Here are a few pics.

Pro snowboarder Candace

Yup, no hair under that helmet.

Our legs are so tired we have to hold each other up!
Be well....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Boo and Dennis,
You guys look great! I am so glad it worked out for you and Dennis to go snowboarding!! Neil and I have been thinking about you all weekend and hoping that you were able to go. I am sorry that I did not call yesterday. Neil's Dad and his wife were here for a visit (I forgot they were coming) and they stayed much later than expected. I hope we can touch base soon. Maybe tomorrow? I will try calling while I am on the road. Until then, my parents send their love and best wishes.
:0 Nay

Carissa said...

Whoo Hooo!!!!!!!!!!! You guys look great!! :) :) :)

Sara and Jonn said...

I am so happy you guys were able to get out and enjoy! You look great in the pictures. Candance looks so good with no hair - and you don't have to worry about helmet hair!

Sara

Kelly Kane said...

You are fabulous!!! I'm sooo jealous of you and your chemo energy! I definitely didn't go snowboarding during chemo, or even make a snowman :) But this year maybe I'll go snow tubing or make a snowman since I'm not much of a snowboarding kinda gal.. someday perhaps!

I hope the snow didn't smell weird!

XO

Anonymous said...

Sister! You look so happy. =) Mom said when you guys came to the house to pick up Sadie, Dennis looked more tired that you!

Dennis needs to take a photo of you mid-jump or something so everyone can get a real sense of your boarding talents.

Thanks for posting such a lovely outing Dennis! I send much love and tryptophan wishes for a marvelous Turkey Day.

Duane said...

Wonderful photos!

G said...

Wow... This is great! I am 34 and going to start Chemo for breast cancer tomorrow. I am an avid snowboarder and I was so happy to see that you are riding during your treatment! I want to do the same! :))))))))))