Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Hello Friends, family, and newcomers. I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and to say that this Thanksgiving I am thankful for all of the support you have given me. I am thankful, too, that the nodes are shrinking and I believe the cancer is leaving. I am thankful for modern medicine, for people who love their dogs, for people who love other people, and for the internet. There is so much to be thankful for, I hope you all take a moment to realize what you've got and be thankful. One more thing I'm thankful for is that my blood counts are all roughly the same and I still feel good.

I have felt great this week! I worried that snowboarding might have been a bit much, but I continued on into the week with normal energy and never looked back. I even cleaned my own house and enjoyed it. Maybe I'm not as well as I think ;) I dread giving all of this up on Friday to chemo and four more days of blech. (I'm thankful I only have four bad days!) We are going up to Bethel to have Thanksgiving with Dennis's family. Leaving tomorrow night. So, until Friday, I will eat a lot, relax with family, walk my dog, breathe in cool mountain air, and love my life. Then, life sucks, but I don't want to think about that yet. There's a holiday between now and then! Yippee!

4 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving... and BTW I got that shot you mentioned, it's called Lupron... and most people I've met seem to get back on track a month after it's supposed to wear off, but mine took 3 extra months! :) I'm curious to hear about the side effects that they told you about... it basically puts you into menopause, so you get hot flashes and all that fun stuff -- but I didn't notice any other side effects.

Enjoy the few days off!!
XO

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sis! I am so thankful to have you in my life for the good, the bad and the goofy! Love you!!

Candace Kuchinski said...

You're lucky you didn't have any other side effects Kelly. Other side effects of Lupron include menopause symptoms hard and heavy, bone pain, fluid retention, weight gain. My onc didn't know a lot about this drug, so I had to do my own research. I found several women who wished they hadn't taken the drug. Long term studies were unknown. I had one day to decide this before I started chemo and I didn't know how I was going to handle chemo, so I decided I could only handle one set of unknown side effects and let fate play out. If I could have known that chemo wouldn't be so bad for me, I might have made the opposite decision. Hindsight, you know?

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to feast - turkey is good for you.
The snowboarding pics are pretty good, but who took the one with you AND Dennis? (Frosty?)
I hope you have continued success with the chemo.