Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Fam

I know... I am bombarding the site with posts. Sorry about that! =) Read the two posts that follow this one for a complete weekend update.

As you may know, Candace is doing a photo essay of sorts about her experience and we were taking some photos for that today. We decided to do a shot with the women in our family - Candace, Mom and me. We all had our special necklaces on (Candace's says Courage, Mom's says Strength and mine says Hope) and I think the pictures came out really well. I'll share them with you in a bit. I am also going to include a fun one of sis with our stepdad Bill - they have the same haircut now!

Oh, and Mom did indeed cook for an army... I am so full, have been all weekend. We ate white lasagna, garlic bread, moose steaks, pie, cream puffs, blond brownies, M&M cookies... Mom does love to bake and we gave her a hard time about it for most of the weekend. =) She was a good sport about it though.

I fly back to NYC tomorrow and I am sad to go. I love being with my family SO much, I'll miss them when I leave. I am very content that I was able to experience this with my sister and that she had her best post-chemo reaction yet! We talked a lot, laughed a lot and I even gave her a mini-manicure. Good times. I'll see everyone again in about a month and a half and I can't wait!

Here we are laughing at something - I don't remember what - but I think this picture captures our family dynamic well.

Aren't we cute!?

Matching Q-balls!

5 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Okay, I'm officially caught up on Candace and the fam! The pictures are super cute, you did a fabulous job of capturing the chemo wonders, the head shaving, and your beautiful family!

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Candance, I'm also glad you joined the lymphoma board, it's a great support system! :)

XO

Anonymous said...

I'd like to give a special shout out to our sister-in-law Christine Perk for giving us those awesome necklaces! Thanks Chris!!

Sara and Jonn said...

I love the pictures of the three of you! It does capture you all very well. I also love the picture of Bill and Candace. Very nice. Thank you for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

this chemo is to decrease the tumor load before my transplant. One of the drugs is specifically targetting cancer cells that have taken up residence in the lungs. The point is to be as close to remission as possible before the transplant, that way the new immune system will have fewer things to fight off and kill.

I'll go for transplant after the docs determine that the chemo has been used to its fullest and isn't continuing to show progress. Then I'll go into transplant at Ann Arbor.
Yippee Skippy!

Love the pictures of you and your mom and sis. Super cute! Excellent lighting

Take Care,
Morgan

Duane said...

Just fabulous! Thanks for sharing!