Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Family Field Trip to Camp Chemo

Is it strange to be so excited for my first visit to Camp Chemo? I am heading up to Maine November 8th so I can be there for my sister's third trip to camp. The 'rents are taking the day off and we're going to hang with our "Hodgkin's Warrior Princess" (thank you to Morgan for coining that term).

I am just thrilled to be able to directly participate in SOMETHING. It is so tough to be down in NYC and not be there to help. Sis and I have great phone conversations though, so I suppose that's something. =)

Anyway, I'll let you know how our field trip goes next month. For now, stay tuned for port installation updates and keep those comments coming. They are really encouraging for the entire family and they help to keep our spirits up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie,
Can't really walk in anyone's shoes but I certainly can have empathy for you. I so often think it may be harder on those that WAIT!

So glad to hear you can join them at Camp! Don't forget the stuffed animals.

Angelique tripper foghornbarb!

Duane said...

Hi Melanie,

I just found this blog yesterday and want to expend my best wishes to Candice as she continues her treatments. I'm sure she'll kick Hodgkin's butt!

Wishing Candice continued strength and happiness.

Duane
http://journalofaprizefighter.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I'm totally going through the "But what can I do that's really helpful?" thing too... and I'm right in Maine! The best I got are some hand knit hats for the next trip to Camp Chemo... fashionable and cozy... the closest thing to a hug I can do from here!

Marjorie Gallant

Candace Kuchinski said...

Sissy, Sis! I love you! You laugh at my stories. What more can I ask for? :)