Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bridal Shower and Family Time

Well, as I suspected, the bridal shower was a lot of fun and I did figure out its purpose. For someone not comfortable being the center of attention, it offered a test run for the "big day". Sort of. I know I can handle a group of 10, now multiply that by 10 and I'm in a totally new ball game. Actually, from what married folk tell me, it goes by way to fast for you to remember feeling one way or the other about being "it". That's what I'm hoping for along with a bit of attitude that this is my day and I plan on having fun.

The shower was held at the Maloneys' house in Falmouth. The Maloneys are my Mom's bosses and they have a beautiful, big house and the perfect stage for a party. They happened to be out of town Labor Day weekend, so we played at living the high life. Their backyard was well landscaped with a big deck, nice patio furniture, outdoor speakers, and a pool for ambiance - no one brought suits:( Mom did a marvelous job at catering, too marvelous, as usual. I'm sure they were eating leftovers all week. We ate, drank, played Bridal Bingo complete with prizes, opened gifts, and ate cake. Woo-hoo! Very traditional, I guess, but also very fun. Gifts included nighties, a bread machine, dishes, kitchen gadgets, an informative book for the female "O" (Thanks HIls!), and gift cards for more great stuff. Many thanks to my generous and thoughtful family, Mel and Mom, for throwing me an awesome bridal shower. I keep telling them they should team up and do this for a living. They are THAT good. See why I feel like the big day is in very competent hands and I have so few worries? I've got the best support possible.

Here are some photos of the party.




After the party, I got to spend some quality time with my family. I got proof that my city sister is still a little bit country. Mel and I bunked in the camper far away from the house, or at least that is what it feels like when you have to pee in the middle of the night. Half asleep and wanting to stay that way, neither one of us made the trek all the way up to the house when there was perfect pitch darkness right outside the camper. Gotta love camping!

Also over the weekend, we drove into North Conway, NH for some shopping and found a lot of the wedding decorations there. I was so pleased to get a lot of wedding stuff done and out of the way when Mel was there. She made it easier to make decisions, someone to corroborate yays or nays. One last pic of my lovely family taken that weekend.

2 comments:

Sara and Jonn said...

Love the family picture!

Anonymous said...

Aw Sister! You are too sweet! It was GREAT hanging out with you and making all these decisions. I wasn't such a fan of peeing in the woods, but I'll take it any day to spend time with you! xoxo!