Thursday, August 28, 2008

Incommunicado, Part II

I have been having just too much fun this summer to blog. I guess that's a good thing, right? Every weekend has been full of sailing on Biscuit, work, or road trips. This blog is not the only thing on the back burner. It's in good company with housekeeping, bookkeeping, washing the car, and my sister would argue wedding planning. Our summers are so short that my priority, justifiably, is to have fun and enjoy as much as I can. It is exhausting, though. Summer is coming to a close soon and with it the hectic schedule, I hope. I am already having snowy, snowboarding longings.

This Labor Day weekend is my bridal shower. I'm excited to see my family and friends and eat cake! The reason for our get together seems kinda silly to me, though. What is a bridal shower? What are we celebrating here? Regardless of my confusion, I am going to have a good time.

Then, It's time to seriously get down to business with the wedding planning. I feel it is completely under control with my sister officially my official wedding coordinator. Nothing unofficial about it. I am the first to admit we are not big planners, Dennis and I. I am so grateful for the help.

Ugh! It's getting late (my late, like 9pm) and I'm losing steam. Can i get a raincheck for finishing this entry? Thanks! Goodnight.

3 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Have fun at the party!

XO

Anonymous said...

We had loads of fun at the party - either Sis or I will post pictures soon!

laulausmamma said...

Hi Candace and Dennis - hope the party was a great success (pictures are requested!). I was all set to actually go sailing for the long weekend with my hubby - but I have sciatica in my right leg and couldn't manage the trip. He went on his own and came home early as it was lousy/foggy summer weather out at the Santa Cruz Island (CA)...so I didn't miss much. Hope one day you'll get to come to CA and go sailing on a Trimaran with us.
Looking forward to hearing some of the wedding plans.
((HUGS))
Susan