Sunday, March 2, 2008

Holy Snow Batman!@

Dennis, Sadie, and I went to visit my parents in Auburn, Maine this weekend and we were shocked by the amount of snow they had. On the coast where we live, we have perhaps 6 - 12 inches on the ground. They have feet and feet! Apparently the mountains, thus the ski areas, have even more than my parents do. I wouldn't know first hand as I can't bear to go and see other people enjoying themselves skiing and snowboarding in the best conditions we've had in YEARS! Arrgh! I am going to see Dr. Chase March 11th and I am going to twist those words I want to hear right out of her. I'll use jedi mind tricks to manipulate her thought processes until she concedes to allowing me to wean off of the Coumadin. Right arm be damned. It is good enough!

Radiation has been extended to next Tuesday because Dr. #2 was feeding me the wrong information for a week. Dr. #1 originally told us 20 days, three weeks of full mantle and one week of a "boost" they call it to just my mediastinum. Dr. #2 said more than once to me that I'd be completely done after 17 days. I wanted to believe him and rationalized that the doctors probably spoke and changed their minds about the total treatment. I didn't want to ask the stupid question about the discrepancy, but it would bug me to no end if I didn't get it cleared up. So, I questioned Dr. #2 about his belief of 17 days and informed him of what Dr. #1 had said in the beginning. As he was verbally reiterating the 17 day thing, he was flipping through my chart and stopped to read an early letter penned by Dr. #1. It confirmed that Dr. #1 did in fact indicate a recommended boost to my mediastinum. (Of course they always think the patient misheard or misunderstood) The conversation I thought they must have had, they never had, because they are merely human and fail to communicate as much as the rest of us. So what if my lack of communication means dinner doesn't get started on time and theirs means someone is over or under radiated? No biggie. The stuff just causes secondary cancers. Dr. #2 said he was going to have to talk to Dr. #1 about it.

Enjoy these crazy snow pictures taken today and I'll post again soon.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the rest of the radiation goes well and that the Jedi mind tricks work and you get out on that snow soon. I've been following your blog and cheering all the way.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Sis!! That is just crazy snowfall!

Here's to the final full week of rads (and then maybe a few more booster zaps)... almost there!

Keep us posted as to what Dr #1 & #2 decide!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, Doctor's 1 and 2... kinda like Thing 1 and Thing 2. I hope they get their acts together and the results is the least amount of rads possible to do the job right. We'll be thinking about'cha!