Saturday, September 29, 2007

The First Day at CAMP CHEMO

Well,
Candace had her first chemo treatment yesterday and she is doing GREAT! She was a tad bit sick last night but we went on a long walk with Sadie this morning and she had a big lunch and dinner and feels normal. Lets hope this is how it will be the whole time she is in chemo. She says she is not ready to post yet but I thought I would show off some pics from her first day at what will be known from now on as CAMP CHEMO.






The stuffed animal is a gift from the private collection of Ava Demer, the Daughter of Sara Gray and James Demer. The Blanket is grudgingly on loan from Sadie the dog. Music is Amilie courtesy of Melanie Kuchinski Rodriguez.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the stuffed animal cat. Yin Yang my cat wondered into my life just at the right time. She is brillant and a joy in my life. I am still learning cat.

Keep up the good work!

foghornbarb

Anonymous said...

Love the cat! You are such a strong and brave girl! Hang on to that cat tight and know we love you and are thinking of you!

xoxoxo
Chris, Mike, Sydney & Carson :0)

Sara and Jonn said...

Miss Candance,

I am happy to hear that your first round at Camp Chemo wasn't too awful. You are so amazing and strong! I wish you the best and will be following your progress as you beat this!

Sara Fulkerson

Anonymous said...

Dearest Candace,

Keep up the strength and faith for a new chapter in your life. As we get older our lives change for the better and sometimes the worse. But it makes us stronger individuals. I always preach to my kids everyday, "that life as you get older is not easy..."They tend to want to quit with what ever became difficult or challenging in their lives. We are so glad to hear that you are thriving to keep strong and survive cancer.(Mom taught you right!)Remember...... this is a NEW CHAPTER in your life!!! When this journey has been successfully accomplished, you will be so amazed how much strength and knowledge you gained in your life. Keep strong Dennis for Candace!!!! Our family wishes you much success on your journey!!!!

With love,
Rolando, Andrea, Aaron & Arielle (Tanner & Terra too)